About the job
As an intern Sustainability at Blue Sky Group you can learn how pension funds incorporate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria in portfolio’s, investment processes and risk management and how positive impact is possible via impact investments. Sustainability is important to Blue Sky Group. The investment management branch of Blue Sky Group has an experienced ESG-team of three professionals.
- Support the ESG-team in developing and implementing sustainability policies. With your support, you can make a valuable contribution for both BSG and our clients;
- Help with interpreting data, providing reports and filling in questionnaires related to sustainability. It is possible to focus on specific aspects within the investment process and on specific ESG-topics;
- Ensure that documentation is properly managed, quality checked and organized;
- Besides the ESG-team you will work closely with Strategists, Portfolio Managers and other departments within Blue Sky Group;
- Lean about impact investments.
Who you are and your qualifications
- You are enthusiastic about sustainable finance;
- Bachelor 3rd year or Master;
- NOTE EU working rights are required (Either you have EU Citizenship- you are studying in the Netherlands or have relevant student work visa);
- Available for a period of 5 – 6 months (32 – 40 hours a week);
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), Dutch (written and spoken) is preferred;
- You are familiar with data management and PowerPoint, besides that you also have financial and numerical skills;
- You have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to address challenges and opportunities. You are creative, accurate, a teamplayer and have a proactive attitude;
- Affinity with sustainability and (social) impact;
- Interested in investment management and pension funds.
What we offer
- Competitive Internship allowance of EUR 750 gross per month (fulltime) ;
- Valuable learning experience with a broad group of finance professionals;
- Making a difference! Integrating sustainability in investment portfolios of large Dutch pension funds;
- On the job coaching and guidance;
- Networking opportunities within Blue Sky Group and the (sustainable) finance sector;
- An amazing work environment with a good vibe and lots of positive energy;
- Great office in Amstelveen which is well accessible by car and public transportation.
About Blue Sky Group
At Blue Sky Group we offer various services for pension funds such as pension administration, management support and pension asset management. We currently do this for participants of eleven pension funds of large international companies, including KLM, Philips, Mars, Staples and SNS Reaal. With about 200 colleagues, we manage the administration for 190,000 participants. We are therefore large enough to be at the forefront of the many developments in the pension world and also small enough to keep the working environment personal and informal.
At Blue Sky Group, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds with equal enthusiasm. Diversity and inclusiveness are essential building blocks for our team, as we believe different perspectives lead to innovation and success.
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period.
Are you interested in this position? Then send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Hanna Spanier, ESG Advisor.